Sunday, May 31, 2009

Off Duty

Two vacationing San Jose cops subdue violent airline passenger - San Jose Mercury News

Are you ever off duty? My wife sometimes asks me why I have moved from condition yellow to condition orange. She can tell when I have seen something that does not look right. After being on the job for a few years, it just becomes normal to sweep the area and look at the people around you.

I go to the mall and watch the people looking for gangsters, and other potential trouble makers. When I go into the convenience store I look for criminals hanging around outside and potential robbers inside. It has just become automatic when I am in public to watch for potential trouble.

An airline passenger when off the deep end and these two San Jose, CA cops fought him into submission and held him for hours until the plane could land. These two officers were on vacation and could have just as easily continued to look out the window and let someone else worry about the problem. But that's not what good cops do, that's what the SGT Says.

2 comments:

Protect_and_Serve said...

They'll be lucky if the other passengers don't sue them.

Bunkermeister said...

The airline should let them fly free forever.