Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bad Video

New Jersey Police Beating

Obviously, no New Jersey cops are reading this blog. How many times do I have to tell you that we have to remember how the things we do will look no video? No, don't get me wrong, the guy who got beat up is probably lying about his version of events. I have never told a suspect, "Zip up your jacket." I can't imagine a single reason why these cops would have done so either. I suspect the conversation when something like, "Turn around and put your hands on top of your head." "I am not going to do that, and you can't make me." Then the fight was on.

The suspect is pretty large and by his own mothers admission has mental problems. So I am sure he could fight pretty well. They obviously would have had a time getting him into handcuffs if he did not want to go. There are ways to deal with this that would have looked better on the video.

Don't stop right up on top of the guy. The passenger could hardly get out of the car without having to be on top of the suspect. This would have been an excellent opportunity to use a Taser. If the agency does not have one, this would be the time to go out and buy a ton of them before this happens again.

"I am not going to do that, and you can't make me." ZZZZAAAAPPPP. All done. And it looks better on video; that's what the SGT Says.

8 comments:

TheBronze said...

His sorry-ass female partner sure is a credit to the uniform...

I love it when no-account "officers" just stand there, while their partner is fighting someone.

Protect_and_Serve said...

...just what I was thinking.

Bunkermeister said...

For years I often rode with an "accident prone" officer. He never got hurt working with me, and I am very proud of keeping him safe.

Bunkermeister said...

If your partner is in a fight, you better be in a fight too.

TheBronze said...

Exactly!

Bunkermeister said...

On one of my first days on the job, my partner told me, "If I get my butt kicked you better get yours kicked at the same time, or you will get yours kicked later."

Good advice.

TheBronze said...

Any "officer" (I refuse to call them a cop) that stands around with their thumb up their ass while their partner is fighting someone, should be fired.

Bunkermeister said...

It certainly would be justified in my opinion. Deriliction of duty for failing to help a fellow officer.