Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pockets

What do you carry on you? I carry my wallet. I try and have about $20 to $50 dollars, but no more than that. If someone says they bribed me they would be hard pressed to prove it with the small amount of cash I carry. I carry my work keys, but not my personal keys. I go through my key ring and toss all the old ones that don't work. If you fall on you keys it can hurt, and keys can jingle and give away your location.

I carry my glasses in my shirt pocket. I only need them to read, so I only wear them when I am writing a ticket or doing other close work. I carry a spare in my personal car, so if I break them I have another set. I carry sunglasses, they are impact resistant lenses that I can wear on the range. That gives me some eye protection in case of an attack, or pepper spray, or even running through bushes.

I carry two handcuff keys. A big one on my key ring and a second one in a little space on my handcuff case. That way I always have a handcuff key. I carry a whistle on my keyring. It really helps when directing traffic to have a whistle. I carry a couple of rubber gloves too. Just a few things you may want to bring along, that's what the SGT Says.

12 comments:

Texas Ghostrider said...

Hey Sgt.,
Can you spare a couple of dollars?
I also carry several knives in different pockets, a very small LED flashlight , other then the one on the guns. pens, really cheap pens because I never get them back. a digital recorder, right now it is an audio but I am looking at an audio and video one that is insanely small.

POLICE DIVER said...

Ha-Ha, that Ghostrider always out to make a few bucks. LOL!!
I carry 2 wallets actually, my personal one on the right, and badge and ID holder in the left, about $20 and my ATM card just in case, extra pens, the keys to my home and car stay at the station house, extra cuff key in my ID case, a pocket knife, 4 handi-wipes ( sanitizing kind), extra contact lenses (shirt pocket), a pre-paid $5 calling card ( for runaways to make contact with their families if they want to), RUBBER GLOVES ( fit nice in the rear of the duty belt, a must with H1N1, and all the other crap floating around out there) and a 3 oz. bottle of Purell.

Protect_and_Serve said...

...and a back up gun.

(Police Diver) A phone card? When we find run-aways, we arrest them and make their parents come and get them.

Bunkermeister said...

Walther PPKs in the ankle holster.

Protect_and_Serve said...

I hate ankle holsters and could write 1000 words why but out of repect for you I'll just leave it at that.

Bunkermeister said...

Oh, come on, give us 1000 words.

I have carried one for at least 15 years with no problem.

Protect_and_Serve said...

I won't bore your readers but the main point is it's difficult to deploy while defending your primary gun.

Bunkermeister said...

I anticipate using it when my primary gun is lost, gone, broken, out of ammo or otherwise not an issue. I carry three knives, a Taser, baton, and pepper spray that I can deploy one handed to defend my gun. Even poking my ball point pen into their eye would discourage most suspects from taking my gun from the holster.

Protect_and_Serve said...

Three knives? That's a whole other 1000 words.

Protect_and_Serve said...

Sarge, If I give you 1000 words on carry options for back up guns, can I have my own blog?

Bunkermeister said...

No you can't have your own blog, until we get at least a 1,000 followers on this one. ;)

Bunkermeister said...

The key with the back up gun in any holster is practice getting it into action.