Thursday, September 3, 2009

Armor Up

It was 101 degrees today, did you wear your body armor? We need technological solutions to several problems that face modern law enforcement. One of those problems is that body armor is too hot two wear comfortably, and on a hot day it is very uncomfortable. It is still necessary to wear it.

No matter how hot it is, the bad guys can still shoot you. When it is very hot, people are often cranky. Cranky people sometime go off and shoot someone. So you need to wear your armor. Even when it is hot.

On hot days I bring a couple extra tee shirts and I change at least once per shift. I drink plenty of water, I have a water bottle with me all shift long. I also will try and have a Gatorade or similar sports drink. I go back to the station house and lounge around in the air conditioning a few times per shift. Wear your armor and drink your water; that's what the SGT Says.

2 comments:

Protect_and_Serve said...

The only thing worse than wearing a vest is getting shot without one.

Bunkermeister said...

I suspect that is true.