Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ammo

How much ammo is enough ammo? Most police shootouts involve only a few rounds being fired. Most of the time the officer does not have to reload; so few rounds are fired. There are other times when officers are faced with many suspects or a barricaded suspect who is shooting at officers. Sometimes officers need a large amount of ammunition to deal with an emergency.





When I carry a semi-automatic handgun, I carry three high capacity magazines on me, one in the pistol and two in an ammo pouch. My agency is considering issuing four magazine pouches to all offices. I think this is a good idea. Most competent officers could fire off all three magazines in only seconds, perhaps thirty seconds to a minute at the most. That’s not much time.





When I carry a revolver, I carry a double and quad pouch, that’s a total of forty-two rounds. That gives me just about the same number of rounds that I carry with the semi-automatic, and I can fire them off almost as quickly. I also carry additional ammo in my gear bag. For the semi-automatic I carry two full magazines and one box of fifty rounds. I also carry a back up gun with two additional magazines too. Have enough ammo to continue to fight, no matter what type of suspect you face; that’s what the SGT Says.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Sarge:
If I ever have to share a foxhole, I sure hope YOU are the 2nd set of boots!
THAT is what I like to see...PREPAREDNESS!

Roll safe.

Bunkermeister said...

Part of luck is being ready.