Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Brother Died

http://policelink.monster.com/news/articles/155423-head-injury-claims-life-of-pasadena-officer

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_18282742



During a training exercise my brother collapsed. He was training with police from Pasadena, California at an outdoor firing range. Paramedics were on site as part of the training and they began to work on him right away. They called for a Los Angeles County helicopter to take him to the hospital.



Doctors worked on him at the emergency room while officers from as far away as Riverside, California responded. Officers from Monterey Park handled calls in South Pasadena so officers from SPPD could go to the hospital. The California Highway Patrol sent an officer to act as a spokesperson for the department. Brothers in blue, and tan and khaki came from all over to help.



Despite all the help, my brother died. He was my brother because he wore the blue of a police officer. We worked at the same agency. He had only been there a few years; I have been there for over twenty. I try to watch out for my younger brothers but sometimes things happen and you can’t protect them. Just as I risked my life for him, he risked his life for me. Our other brothers and sisters tried to save him but it was not possible. Tomorrow we will all gather for my brothers’ funeral, that’s what the SGT Says.

4 comments:

Protect_and_Serve said...

I'm so sorry for your lose my brother.

Sometimes we forget that Police Officers are just people. Sometimes we die in horrific crashes. Sometimes we die in violent gun battles. But sometimes we just die like ordinary people. Officer Sandoval was not an ordinary person. He rose above ordinary and aimed for excellence. His death is not only a lose to his family and friends but to the community he served.

Bunkermeister said...

Thanks P&S.

Bob G. said...

Sarge:
Always rough losing a "family member"...my sincere condolences to you, all his brothers and sisters (in blue) and his personal family.

Roll safe.

Bunkermeister said...

Thanks.