Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Glock Safety


http://cominolli.com/product_info.php?products_id=29&osCsid=uuqtal62drr6ssokk9icd5nrd7



I consider the M-1911A1 the standard against which all other firearms are to be judged. The Glock series of handguns are the most widely used firearms by police in the United States. They are excellent handguns and compare favorably against the M-1911 series of pistols.



One of the features of the M-1911 I like is the positive manual safety on the side of the slide. The Glock has a series of safeties but they do not offer the manual safety like on the M-1911 series. Now there is an aftermarket solution to that problem. This device does require a minor modification to the firearm. I have heard both that it does and does not violate the Glock warranty. You may want to contact Glock about that before you make the alteration, but it may be worth losing the warranty depending on your needs.



Cominolli makes a new manual safety that can be installed onto a Glock pistol. I don’t have one, I don’t own one, I never even saw one, except online. It does look like an interesting device and for those who are familiar with the M-1911 series and are considering a transition to a Glock pistol, this could be a good item to consider. My trigger finger is my safety, but it does not hurt to have a back up; that’s what the SGT Says.


No comments: