Thursday, March 20, 2014

Baton

I have changed from the expandable side handle baton to the full size side handle baton.  The expandable seems too slow to get out of the carrier.  It also seems slow to expand and get into action.  I think the ability to get the baton out and get it going is a time critical activity. 

The full size baton is also smooth it's whole length.  I prefer that when going through the motions of training with the baton.  The join of the two pieces of the expandable baton was never comfortable in my hand.

While, in theory, the expandable baton should always be on the belt, in practice I have had it slide around and even fall out of the carrier on a few occasions.  While I won't likely be able to wear the single piece baton in the car, at least I won't expect it to be on my side and find it has fallen out, that's what the SGT Says.

4 comments:

Protect_and_Serve said...

I'm surprised any time i hear about a Department still using side handle batons (or revolvers). There's certainly nothing wrong with them but they just seem so out of date in modern law enforcement.

Mike Creek said...

We actually authorize a large number of impact weapons including side hand and straight batons and OPN too.
Bunkermeister

ccm2361 said...

There is no better Baton than the PR-24 Side handle
You can do so much more than just hit with it.

You can block,perform holds & take downs with it.

My favorite baton

Mike Creek said...

I have carried any number of impact weapons and they all had certain advantages.
Bunkermeister