Sunday, May 11, 2014

Major Incident

If you are working a major incident it can be helpful to have a few extras with you, or in your car, or at least in you locker to help you out.  I always try and have a second uniform in my locker.  If I get wet or really dirty, I can always go and change clothing.  That includes tee shirt, underwear and socks.

On a hot day, a tee shirt can quickly get soaked through with sweat.  It can be very refreshing to go back to the station and just change your tee shirt.  While holding a long perimeter, the chance to retire from the line and get recharged can be very important.

I also carry beef jerky and often bottled water with me.  It's not much, but a quick bite to eat and some water can be very helpful after holding the line for a long time.  In cold weather, gloves, mittens, extra socks can be a lifesaver.  A hat and sun screen are also helpful too; that's what the SGT Says.

2 comments:

Protect_and_Serve said...

Beef Jerky tastes great but requires lots of water to digest. A box of granola or power bars provides better energy and less dehydration and is usually cheaper than jerky.

Mike Creek said...

Very true.