Monday, August 25, 2014

Gun Take Away

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/lapd-faces-criticism-and-threa

Los Angeles Police contacted a mentally disturbed man.  The officers say that the man attempted to grab their gun.  The family says that the man was peaceful and would never do that.  The police shot and killed the man.  Now the people are claiming that the man was killed due to racist police.

If someone attempts to take my gun while I am on duty as a police officer, I consider that to be an attempt on my life.  The only reason I can imagine that someone would take my gun is to use it against me.  I don't want to put my life at risk.

I don't consider if the person trying to take my gun is of the same race as I am or another race.  I don't care if they are mentally challenged or not.  I don't consider any outside or irrelevant factors apart from the suspect taking my gun and the danger that poses to me; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: