Thursday, November 27, 2014

Off Duty

Do you carry a gun off duty?  Where do you carry it?  Is it in the car?  In your briefcase?  Can you get to it quickly?  Do you only carry it when you think you will need it?  How good are you at predicting the future?

Do you carry extra handcuffs off duty?  Do you carry extra ammo?  Do you carry a phone so you can communicate?  Do you wear body armor off duty?  Do you have a way to identify yourself off duty?  Do you carry a badge and ID card?  How about a raid jacket?

I carry a gun all the time off duty if I am outside my house and off my property.  I keep extra ammo, handcuffs and a raid jacket in my car.  I carry a cell phone to call for help.  My first intention is to call for help and be a good witness.  Only if there is a major threat to safety do I have any intention to get involved more that that; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: