Sunday, November 9, 2014

Violent Attack

If you are in a fight for your life, do what you have to do in order to survive.  While the nature of police work is such that you might have to be involved in dangerous situations, there is nothing that says you have to submit to injury or death.

I carry a knife on my belt and another one in my pocket.  The one on my belt is in the rear, on the right.  The one in my pocket is on my left and in the front.  If I am struggling with someone and I need a weapon, I can extract either knife with one hand and open it with one hand.

I have taken classes in knife fighting and so I am skilled in my use of the weapons.  I also train with them so that I keep my skills up.  I don't want to hurt anyone, but I want to get hurt even less.  When faced with a violent attack, your actions have to be reasonable, but it is not reasonable to allow a criminal to kill you; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: