Saturday, January 31, 2015

Burglary Alarm Response

When responding to a residential burglar alarm as you approach the location, look for a lookout.  He might be on the corner, or even down the street, or across the street.  Sometimes he may be in a car, often in the driver seat.  The lookout can use a radio, Nextel or even a cell phone to alert those inside.

I like to walk down the side of the building nearest where I park.  Then I check the gate and go inside if it is unlocked.  I check the perimeter of the building working back to my starting location.  Don't forget to look both up and down. 

Check for footprints in the mud.  Look for spider webs that have been disturbed.  See if window screens have been removed.  Look for pry marks on doors and windows.  Check window sills for dust that has been disturbed.  Burglars leave signs, look for them; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: