Sunday, June 21, 2015

I Live in a Safe Neighborhood

I live in a safe neighborhood, yet I carry a gun anytime I am outside the house.  My wife and I go for a walk around the block once in a while.  I carry a gun then.  And a cell phone and my police ID, and usually a less lethal weapon too, like OC spray.

I live in a safe neighborhood yet a few blocks away, a few years ago a man was fatally shot to death in a parking lot; shotgun to the face.  A few blocks in another direction there was a home invasion and several were tortured. 

I live in a safe neighborhood, but not everyone who visits here is a nice person.  The guy who used to live at the end of the block used to talk to the cops pretty frequently.  Rumor was he beat his wife, I never saw it, but that's what they said.  I saw a guy in a car, parked a block from my house smoking crack, he drove away as I approached.  I live in a safe neighborhood; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: