Monday, July 6, 2015

Free Stuff

Some shops, fast food places and restaurants offer free or reduced price goods to cops in uniform.  I never ask for free stuff and I always try to pay, and I always say they don't have to offer free stuff. I leave a big tip if it is free or discounted. 

 I found it often leads to arguments if I make a fuss. So many people think they have to give the cops free stuff, especially if their are from another country were law enforcement is less professional.  I try to balance between paying for products and creating a scene.

Police taking free stuff often creates a feeling of obligation between the officer and the gift giver.  Then when there is a call for service they often think they should get special treatment or special response for calls for service.  They sometimes think they should be allowed to commit minor crimes without penalty; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: