Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Snacks

I carry an insulated bag with a few snacks and water and Gatorade with me on patrol.  It also have prescription medications, antacids, Kleenex, and sun screen.  I also have a small first aid kit too, just a little one for paper cut size injuries.

This bag is very helpful if I get stuck at a perimeter or other long time call where it can't easily leave.  It allows me to stay fresh and ready to do the work.  Police work often requires you to delay your break, or even not take a break.  Heat injuries while wearing body armor are a real danger.  Having a drink of water can really help you stay hydrated.

Crime does not wait for you to get a drink of water, or have a snack.  Having supplies with you allows you to keep in service longer.  I find it makes a long shift easier and makes me more productive; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: