Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Knife

I carry a folding utility knife.  It's a four inch long Buck knife.  I use it more than almost any other single tool in my inventory.  A bit of nylon cord is useful too.  I have used the nylon cord to lock up gates and doors when they were broken.  The knife is helpful for cutting the cord.

Sometimes I have used the knife to jimmy open a gate.  The knife is strong and long enough to slip into the crack between the gate and the jamb.  When responding to a call that requires you enter the backyard, it's quieter, safer, and easier than climbing the fence.

A few times I have used the knife to cut the rope holding the gate closed.  I use this utility knife for utility projects.  I have other knives that I have for tactical purposes.  The utility knife is slower to deploy and has a long and thick blade, compared to a tactical knife.  Both are useful for police work; that's what the SGT Says.

No comments: