Thursday, November 19, 2015

Sheepdogs

I am about as old as you can be and still be too young for the Vietnam War. My Army Reserve unit called up everyone who was higher ranking than me for Desert Storm and then war ended. I have worked private security, US Army Reserve, and police reserves for almost my whole adult life. I have never been in a shootout.

 I am not sure if I have actually saved anyone's life. I don't think I have made a lot of difference. But I still have two or three years left. And I know that on the way back to the station on my last shift something major could happen.

 It is our responsibility to be ready, even when no one else is, even when everyone else says we are wasting our time, even when it seems so many are against us. Be the sheepdog; that's what the SGT Says.

2 comments:

Uncle Brian said...

I strongly suspect that just by doing your job in an ethical and professional manner, you have made a difference to numerous lives. It is surprising how much of an impact small actions can have on the lives of others.

Mike Creek said...

Thanks Uncle Brian.
Bunkermeister